How to delete trojan from PC
The simplest solution for delete trojans from PC consists in carrying out an analysis, better if in depth, using a solution antimalware modern and updated: below I'll explain how to do both on the operating system Windows that of MacOS.
If you use a computer equipped with Windows 10 as an operating system, the first solution I invite you to consider is Windows Defender: the antimalware integrated "steard" in the Microsoft operating system and which allows you to easily find and neutralize any active threats, including trojans. Unless you have manually disabled it, Defender is generally on by default e, as a reont, is able to clear malware and viruses before they are even activated.
However, if you find it appropriate to perform a manual scan of the operating system, follow these steps: search Windows security in the search bar on the taskbar and choose the first reont returned. In the window that opens, click on the icon related to Virus and threat protection and use the agolable items to initiate the type of scan you think is most appropriate.
I advise you to make afull analysis or anoffline analysis (which is carried out following a restart of Windows, in a protected environment). Having made your choice, click on the button Start analysis and wait for the reont of the search, which could last several hours, depending on the type of analysis chosen and the amount of files to be examined.
If Defender's analysis fails but, at the same time, the computer continues to show you signs related to the presence of trojans and / or other malware, I recommend that you perform a scan using an alternative antivirus solution, which could to be Bitdefender, Avira o AVG
The situation, with regard to the Mac, is very different from that which characterizes Windows PCs. Trojans e, in general, malware dedicated to the operating system MacOS in fact, they are not very common, since Apple's operating system is relatively little used (e, consequently, less considered by the bad guys) and equipped with very efficient integrated security solutions.
If, however, you feel you should still scan your Mac for Trojans, you can perform an on-deme scan using Malwarebytes: a software, also agolable for Windows, capable of automatically detecting and neutralizing computer threats on the computer.
To get it, connected to its official website, click on the button Free download and wait for the program installer, in pkg, is downloaded to your computer. When the download is complete, launch the file obtained and click on the button Continue three consecutive times, then on Accept and Install. When prompted, enter the Password Mac in the text field and press the buttons Install software, Close and Move, to complete the setup.
Now, start Malwarebytes using the icon agolable in the Launchpadclick on your button Start now, presses the button Select matching to the riquadro Personal computer and choose if use Malwarebytes free (more than enough for the purposes of this guide), or if request a 14-day free trial period of Malwarebytes Premium. The latter, in particular, is the paid version of the program which, in addition to the on-deme scanning functionality, allows you to obtain resident protection and to automatically perform periodic scans.
If you have opted for the free version of the software, click on the button now Open Malwarebytes Free and grant the necessary permissions to the antivirus, acting from the System Preferences. Then click on the button Open Preferences, then on padlock at the bottom left of the window that opened e, when prompted, enter the Password of the Mac; now, select the item Full disk access from the left sidebar and put the check mark next to the entry for Malwarebytes protection.
Once this is done, close the screen Security and Privacyby clicking on (X) at the top left, go back to the Malwarebytes welcome screen and click on the button NEXT three consecutive times. The game is practically done: to start the analysis of the Mac, click on the button Scan and wait for the entire computer memory to be scanned for Trojans and other types of malware.
At the end of this operation - which could take a few hours -, you will be shown a summary window indicating the outcome of the analysis and any actions taken to eradicate active threats.
How to delete Trojan Android
The devices Android, due to the very wide diffusion of this operating system and its high degree of "openness", they are unfortunately subject to the risk of malware.
The official protection tool Android è Play Protect: an antivirus system integrated in the Play Store, which allows you to analyze in real time the apps that are installed on your device (even from external sources or already installed), looking for trojans and malware of various types.
Although this system is not exactly foolproof (some developers have managed to evade the automatic checks of the service, even if the respective apps were still identified and deleted later), I still recommend that you verify that it is active, so that you always have a basic security tool is agolable.
To make sure, open the Play Store, by touching its icon on the home screen or in the drawer, then touch the ☰ button at the top left, select the item Play Protect from the on-screen menu and touch thegear located at the top right. Finally, check that the levers indicating the words Analyze apps with Play Protect and Improve detection of malicious apps are active.
If, despite the activation of Play Protect, you suspect that a trojan is active on your smartphone or you have a device without Google services (e.g. a Huawei device with HMS), you can perform an anti-malware scan using a third-party solution, which could be Avast Mobile Security, which offers real-time monitoring for all apps installed on the device and allows you to block suspicious ones.
To be able to use it, download its app from the Play Store or an alternative store, tap the button To start and choose whether to use the basic version of the app (which is free) or upgrade to the Premium, which enables advanced features and has prices starting at € 1,99 / month.
Anyway, once you are at the main application screen, tap the button Scan and wait for Avast to scan your device memory for malicious apps and files. This could take several minutes.
I warn you that Avast is able to detect and fix some system settings that could be dangerous as well, like the permission to install the app from unknown sources. Also keep in mind that leaving the Avast Mobile Security app installed on your device will start an automatic scan every time you try to install new apps, in order to block any unwanted elements in time, even before they are activated.
If you want to know more about what are currently the best antivirus for Android in circulation, I invite you to carefully read the in-depth study I have dedicated to this topic.
How to delete trojans from iPhone
The malware danger on iPhone it is almost nil, unless you have jailbroken and / or are in the habit of installing apps from outside the App Store. In any case, there are common sense rules to follow to check and avoid the presence of any malicious software on iOS (e iPadOS, since the same indications also apply to iPad).
The first recommendation I want to make you, in this regard, is that of do not install antivirus for iPhone! As just mentioned, in fact, there are no widespread malware for Apple's mobile devices e, therefore, it is not necessary to install antimalware on them: the apps that promise to do so are little more than fake.
For the rest, here are some tips on how to get rid of trojan iPhone and how to avoid running into potential threats in the future.
- Search for and remove suspicious and / or downloaded apps from outside the App Store: go to the menu Settings> General> iPhone Space and review the list of applications installed on the device. If you find any suspicious ones, that you have never used or that you did not remember installing, tap on their name and then on Delete app. More info here.
- Remove VPN profiles suspects- Some Trojans can exploit VPN configuration profiles to perform illegal activities. To take a look at the active profiles, go to the menu Settings> General> VPN of iOS and delete the ones you didn't install yourself. If you are unable to eliminate them in this way, you can try to remedy the problem by going to Settings> General> Reset and selecting the voice Reset Network Settings. Following this operation, all network settings will be restored to the factory state and the VPNs will be deleted (however, you will also have to re-enter the passwords of known Wi-Fi networks).
- Remove custom profiles: are those used by apps not taken from the App Store to work. You can check its presence in the menu General> Device Management of iOS (if not present, it means that there are no profiles of this type on the device).
- Remove the jailbreak: Performing the iOS unlocking procedure can expose the operating system to security risks, which include the action of trojans and other malware of various types. For this reason, I recommend that you remove it as soon as possible. To be able to do this, you have to put the iPhone in DFU e, after connecting it to the PC via Lightning cable, reset it via iTunes, its Windows, or through the Finder of macOS. I advise you to make a backup of the data of the "iPhone by" in advance, as this procedure involves the total loss of the same.
- Restore iPhone: if you have not carried out the unlocking procedure but your smartphone continues to behave strangely, I suggest you make a backup of the same e, subsequently, return it to the factory state, by going to the menu Settings> General> Reset> Start use content and settings of iOS. More info here.