Google Photo (Android)
Google Photos is the famous Google service which, in addition to serving as a photo and video gallery, also allows you to edit images and videos. With function Stabilisation phase, agolable only on Android devices, you can reduce video flicker and get excellent quality reonts.
To stabilize videos with Google Photos, start the app which should already be installed by default on your smartphone or tablet. Now, tap on the video you want to edit, press the icon of pencil present at the bottom to access the editing section of the movie and press on the item Stabilize.
Then wait for the stabilization process to be completed e, automatically, you will be able to view the final reont with the possibility of saving the video on your device. Unfortunately, however, it is not possible to compare with the original video and see the differences. To find out more, I leave you to my guide on how Google Photos works.
Emulsio is the ideal solution to automatically remove the flicker of videos made with iPhone and iPad. It allows you to use advanced stabilization techniques, adjust the intensity of the stabilizer and see the comparison of the video before and after processing. In the free version it applies a watermark that can be removed with the purchase of the Pro Pack version, at a cost of € 3,49.
After downloading Emulsio from the App Store, start the latter by pressing its icon (the red ▶ ︎ symbol on a white background). Then select the video to edit to import it into the app workspace, then tap the del icon circle divided in half to stabilize the movie. By doing so, you will see a line that divides the video in two: press the ▶ ︎ button to play the video and see the differences between the original movie and the stabilized movie. Also, you can move the cursor present on the right to increase or decrease the stabilization intensity.
If the final reont is to your liking, tap on the icon of freccia inside a quadrato to export the video, wait for it to be processed, press the voice Save video And that's it.
Windows Movie Maker (Windows)
Windows Movie Moker is one of the best solutions for stabilize videos and eliminate jitter on Windows PC. The video editing program produced by Microsoft allows you to create and edit movies, adding effects, transitions and improving the quality of imported videos.
Windows Movie Maker is included in the free Windows Essentials application package, which has now been discontinued. If the software is not already on your computer, you should go to third party sites such as MajorGeeks (in English only) for downloads. For the detailed procedure, you can read my guide on how to download Movie Maker.
Once the installation of Windows Movie Maker is complete, start the program and click on the entry Add videos and photos (top left) to import the movie to edit. To make changes to the video, select the option Video tools present at the top and presses on the voice ModificationDopodiché by clicking on the button Video stabilization and choose one of the options agolable in the menu that appears.
When you've finished editing your movie and reduced the shaking, click the button Save movie present at the top right and wait for the changes to be processed and saved. To learn more about the use of the program, you can read my guide on how to use Movie Maker.
iMovie is the best solution to consider to stabilize videos on Mac. The Apple video editing program is installed as steard on all devices of the Cupertino giant and is also agolable in the form of an application for iPhone / iPad (where, however, it is not allows you to reduce shaking or stabilize videos).
To improve the quality of a video on your Mac, start iMovie and click on the items Create new and Footage to start a new project. Then click on the icon of Arrow pointing downwards present at the top left, select the video of your interest and click on the item Import the selected to import the video to iMovie.
Now, select the item My media files, select the video imported just now and press the button + to add it to the workspace, then select the video and click the button Stabilisation phase (the icon of video camera) located at the top right above the player. Then place the check mark next to the item Stabilize shaky video and you will see the writing I analyze to identify the dominant movement to indicate that the procedure is in progress.
If you wish, you can adjust the stabilization applied to the footage by dragging the cursor next to the item Stabilize shaky video. Then press the ▶ ︎ button to play the movie and see the effects of stabilization. If you like the reont, click a button freccia inside a quadrato (top right), select the item Fillet e, in the new open window, presses the buttons NEXT e Save to export the video. To learn more about how the software works, you can read my guide on how to use iMovie.
Wondershare Filmora (Windows/Mac)
Among the programs that allow you to stabilize videos there is also Wondershare filmora. It is an easy-to-use video editing software that allows you to apply effects, edit photos, videos and music. It is agolable for Windows PC and Mac in a free trial version, after which it costs 49 euros.
To download Wondershare Filmora on your computer, connected to the program's website, put the check mark next to one of the options between Windows and MacOS and click on pulsating Free trial. Download completed, if you have a PC Windows double-click the file filmora.exe e pulsing on pulsating Run to start the installation. In the new open window, click the button OK to confirm the choice your language, put the check mark next to the item I have read and accept the agreement and pulsing on pulsating NEXT per due turn consecutive.
If, on the other he, you have a Mac, april il dmg package just downloaded and drag the icon Wondershare filmora in the folder Application of macOS. Then open the folder Applications and double-click the program icon to start it.
Open the program, press the icon of + located at the top and select the movie to import into Wondershare Filmora, then right-click on the video to edit and select the item Stabilisation phase video from the menu that appears. In the new window open, indicate the folder in which to save the edited video using the drop-down menu under the item Save the stabilized video to, then presses the button Stabilize and wait for the video analysis procedure to be completed.
Once the video vibration analysis is complete, you can view the video before and after the correction: if the final reont is to your liking, click on the button To apply, wait a few moments and the edited video will be agolable in the folder indicated above.
Other solutions to stabilize videos
If the programs and services previously proposed have not completely satisfied your needs and you want to know others solutions to stabilize videos, take a look at the list below, which includes both computer programs and apps for smartphones and tablets.
- Movavi Video Editor (Windows/Mac): a video editing program that, through the integrated stabilization function, allows you to reduce the shaking of movies. It is agolable for free for 7 days, after which it costs from € 29,95.
- VirtualDub (Windows): is a free software that, through the addition of the Deshaker plugin, allows you to reduce the flickering of videos with excellent reonts. Furthermore, it offers advanced features for the most demeing users.
- Adobe Premiere Pro (Windows / Mac): is one of the most famous programs to create and edit videos, ideal for those who want a more professional solution. It is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite e, among its many features, it also offers the one to stabilize videos and reduce their shaking. After a 7-day free trial, it costs from € 24,39 / month.
- Sony VEGAS (Windows): is a video editing program intended for Windows PCs. Among its many features, it allows you to reduce shaking and stabilize videos. It is agolable for a fee, but allows a free 30-day trial. To find out more, I leave you to my guide on how to download Sony VEGAS Pro.
- AVS Video Editor (Windows)- Video editing software that allows you to make changes to imported videos in the workspace. Via the function Stabilize video, improves the quality of jittery movies. It costs from 49 euros, but you can try it out by activating a free trial.
- Horizon Camera (Android/iOS): application to make videos always horizontally, regardless of the hele of the device. Stabilization is automatic thanks to the use of sensors that make shooting stable and level. It's free.
- Hyperlapse (iOS): is the Instagram application to make time-lapse videos. Using internal stabilization, it allows you to create elaborate, high-quality videos. It is free and only agolable for iPhone / iPad.